If you want to get toned legs without stepping out of your home, then you can perform various leg exercises at home or gym under the supervision of your trainer. In today’s blog, we’ll discuss the best leg exercises for women and men. In various fitness goals, leg muscle build-up is essential whether you lift weights or you are a runner. Your legs are made of various largest muscles and support you perform various activities throughout the day. When you work for your legs, then you need to strengthen your glutes, calves, hamstrings, and quadriceps by including exercises in your life.
8 Best Leg Exercises for Women without Using Any Equipment
The following are some leg exercises that not only women, but men can also perform. These exercises are not restricted to performing at home, but you can perform these good leg workouts at gym also:
- Bodyweight Squat
- Keep your feet wider than hip-width apart, arms at your sides, toes moderately turned out, and palms in.
- Keep your chest raised and your back must be straight as you shift your weight into your heels, bend your knees and push your hips back and perform a squat. Your palms should be together in front of your chest and bend your elbows.
- Now, stand up and squeeze your glutes and repeat the whole process. If you are looking for good leg workouts with dumbbells, then you can hold a single dumbbell while performing this exercise while keeping both hands in front of your chest.
- Good Morning
- Stand while keeping your feet wider than hip-width apart, and your arms should be behind your head.
- Now, slowly bend forward and keep your back, legs straight and core engaged. When your chest is parallel to the floor, then stop.
- Get back to the starting position and repeat the process. This is amongst other good bodyweight leg workouts.
- Reverse Lunges with Knee Lifts
- Your feet should be about shoulder-width apart.
- Take a long step back with your left foot, land on the foot ball and bend both your knees to come into 90-degree angles.
- Push your right heel to get into the starting position. When you stand up, push your left knee toward your chest.
- Now, repeat this with another side.
- Side Leg Raises
- Lie on your sides, stack your legs on each other and keep your legs straight
- Now, lift your top leg upward slowly and control your movement. Ensure you lift your leg from the hip and butt, not your lower back.
- Repeat the exercise.
- Side Step to Squat
- Join your hands in front of your chest and stand straight.
- Lift your right foot and place it to the right side wider than hip-width apart and now, bend your knees to get a wide squat position.
- Straighten your knees and place your right foot in its starting position.
- Now, repeat this.
- Pistol Squats
- Stand straight and lift your left leg a few inches and extend your leg forward.
- Bend your right knee and sit back into a squat when you lift your left leg to your hip height. To maintain balance, extend your arms.
- Ensure to turn your knee to 90 degrees, if possible.
- To straighten your leg, push through your right leg and start again.
- Jumping Lunge
- Stand with your shoulder width apart.
- Jump and place your left foot forward and right foot back, and then bend your knees.
- And again, jump and keep your feet at the starting position.
- Continue jumping and change sides each time you jump.
- You can make this exercise more challenging by switching your feet before you land on the floor.
- Marching Glute Bridge
- Lie on the floor with your face up and bend your knees at 90 degrees. And your feet must be hip-width apart. Press low back against the floor while engaging your core.
- Now, lift your hips while squeezing your glutes and hold this position for a while.
- Lift your right foot and bring your right knee in front of your chest.
- Now, take your right foot to its original position and repeat this process with your left foot.
If you find that you are performing more exercises for your upper body, then you can include all of the above-mentioned leg exercises in your daily routine. If you are looking for good leg workouts for men, then you can also perform the exercises mentioned above. Besides this, you can keep yourself updated with new fitness-related blogs by subscribing to Personal Care N Heal.