You may have tried various Mexican dishes in your life. But have you tried enchilada? If not, then you should try enchilada once. Moreover, do you know how many calories are in enchiladas? Want to try this dish at home? You can get answers to all these questions after reading this blog. In today’s blog, we’ll discuss everything about enchilada. Let’s get started:
What is an Enchilada?
An enchilada is a traditional Mexican dish that is made by rolling a corn tortilla around a filling and covering it in chilli sauce. Many different fillings can be used to make enchiladas, but the most popular ones are chicken, beef, cheese, or beans. The ingredients used to make an enchilada will determine how many calories are in an enchilada. For instance, a chicken enchilada made with chicken, corn tortilla, chilli sauce, and cheese would have different calorie content as compared to an enchilada that is made with beef, flour tortilla, green chilli sauce, and beans. Despite this, calorie content also varies based on the size of the enchilada.
How Many Calories Do Enchiladas Have?
One enchilada with cheese and beef has 212 calories. The % daily value is a measure of nutrients a serving of food has. On the other hand, a one-ounce enchilada with cheese would have 319 calories. 100 grams of Enchilada with beef will have 168 calories.
How Many Calories Do Home Made Enchiladas Have?
Various factors need to be considered when determining the calorie content of homemade enchiladas. The type of tortilla, the toppings, and the sauce all play a role in the calculation of calories in the enchilada. A simple enchilada with chicken, corn tortilla, and cheese will have different calorie content. To get an accurate estimate of calorie content, you need to ask a dietitian or use a nutrition calculator.
Are Enchiladas Healthy for Weight Loss?
If you are looking for a dish to get into shape, then enchiladas would be the best option. Traditionally, enchiladas are made with corn tortillas and filled with cheese, meat, veggies and sauces. This combination of ingredients makes you feel satisfied which will leave you feeling full for several hours. In addition to this, fibre and protein present in enchiladas will help keep your metabolism strong and help you burn excess calories.
Are Enchiladas Healthy to Eat?
There is no definitive answer to this question because it completely depends on various factors, such as the method of preparation and the ingredients used. However, in general, it can be said that enchiladas can be considered a healthy dish if it is made with fresh vegetables, lean meat, and low-fat cheese. You can use zucchini to replace tortillas to reduce your Carbs.
How to Make Healthy Chicken Enchiladas?
The following are important ingredients used to make chicken enchiladas:
- Low-Carb Tortillas: You can use low-carb flour tortillas.
- Green Enchilada Sauce
- Green Chilis
- Cheese: you can use a mixture of Mexican and pepper jack cheese. Or, you can use one type of cheese.
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Lime Juice
- You can use additional toppings like avocado, limes, cilantro, and plain greek yogurt.
The process to make healthy chicken enchiladas:
- Get all the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine chicken, one-fourth can of green enchilada sauce, green chilis, and a half cup of cheese. Add pepper and salt, to taste. Mix well.
- Take tortillas and roll them out by adding a mixture of ingredients.
- Now, keep each tortilla inside a greased baking dish.
- Add left enchilada sauce, greek yogurt, cilantro, and lime juice to a blender. Blend them to make a creamy sauce. Now, pour the mixture evenly over the top of the enchiladas.
- If you like cheese, then you can sprinkle cheese over the enchiladas.
- Bake them for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Now, let them cool down for 10 minutes.
After reading this blog, you may have an idea of how many calories are in an enchilada, the method to make a healthy chicken enchilada, and whether it is healthy to eat. You can get such information through our blogs by subscribing to Personal Care N Heal.