Do you know what Mefenamic and Dicyclomine Hydrochloride tablets are used for? Well, in today’s blog, we’ll discuss their uses, advantages, and side effects as well. Many people ask about these tablets along with their uses and side effects. Let’s get started:
Mefenamic and Dicyclomine Hydrochloride Tablets
Dicyclomine and mefenamic tablets are used to treat menstrual pain and flatulent pain. It helps get rid of flatulent pain related to biliary, intestinal, and ureteric colic.
How do Dicyclomine and Mefenamic work?
Dicyclomine and Mefenamic acid is a combination of two substances: Dicyclomine and Mefenamic acid. Dicyclomine is referred to as anticholinergic that helps in relaxing and easing the muscles in the gut and stomach. It discontinues sudden muscle spasms, relieves cramps, pain, discomfort, and bloating. On the other hand, Mefenamic is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that works by stopping the release of chemical messengers that can cause inflammation and abdominal pain. When they are used together, then they can relieve menstrual cramps and flatulent pain.
Mefenamic Acid and Dicyclomine Hydrochloride Tablets Uses:
Mefenamic and Dicyclomine hydrochloride tablets are used to treat menstrual pain, heavy bleeding during the menstrual cycle, fever, migraine headache, inflammation, analgesic, irritable bowel syndrome, intestinal cramping.
Doctor’s Advice for Mefenamic Acid & Dicyclomine Hydrochloride Tablets
- Doctors may prescribe dicyclomine and mefenamic acid to relieve abdominal pain and menstrual pain.
- If you suffer from diarrhea while taking this medicine, then you should consult your doctor.
- If you feel a dry mouth, then it can be a side effect. Good oral hygiene, frequent mouth rinses, sugarless candy, and increased water intake may help.
- It is recommended to take mefenamic acid & dicyclomine hydrochloridetablets with food.
- It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurry vision. Use caution during driving or when doing anything that needs focus.
- Don’t consume alcohol when taking dicyclomine and mefenamic acid as it can increase the risk of stomach issues and excessive drowsiness.
Frequently Asked Questions for Mefenamic Acid and Dicyclomine Hydrochloride Tablets IP
- Should I avoid driving after taking this medicine?
Yes, make sure not to drive after taking this medicine because it can cause sleepiness or dizziness. These side effects can get worse if you consume alcohol. So, it is necessary to avoid driving or other activities that need high focus.
- Can mefenamic acid and dicyclomine hydrochloride tablets IP stop menstruation?
No, it can’t stop the menstruation cycle at all. Neither it affects the duration of the menstruation cycle nor the amount. In fact, it helps in relieving the pain because of menstrual cramps.
- How long should I consume dicyclomine and mefenamic acid?
Doctors suggest not taking dicyclomine and mefenamic acid regularly. And, it is recommended to take dicyclomine and mefenamic acid for a short period of time or only when you suffer from menstrual pain.
- Can I take dicyclomine and mefenamic acid with food?
Yes, you can take dicyclomine and mefenamic acid with or immediately after eating food. This can prevent stomach problems that are common with this medicine. It is recommended not to lie down after consuming the medicine.
- Mefenamic acid and dicyclomine hydrochloride tablets uses
This medicine is used to treat pain during menstruation, heavy bleeding during menstruation, fever, analgesic, inflammation, migraine headache, intestinal cramping, and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Mefenamic acid and dicyclomine hydrochloride tablets in pregnancy
If you are pregnant, then don’t take mefenamic acid. If you still want to take it, then ask your doctor. It is not advised to take this medicine in pregnancy, especially if you are 30 or more weeks pregnant. Usually, paracetamol is suggested for pregnant women to control fever or pain.
Mefenamic and Dicyclomine Hydrochloride Tablets Side Effects
The following are some side effects that can occur in medicines that have dicyclomine and mefenamic acids. These side effects may not always occur but are possible. If you see any side effects, then make sure to consult your doctor as soon as possible. Side effects may include ulcers in the stomach, colored stool, nausea, abdominal pain, ulceration around the mouth, or lips indigestion.
Some people are vulnerable to the side effects of the medicine. Make sure to follow the prescription given by the doctor. If your condition gets worse, then make sure to tell your doctor. After taking medicine, don’t do anything that needs focus or attention like driving, don’t do exercise if the weather is hot, drink plenty of fluids.
Apart from this, it is recommended to take this medicine in the lowest amount for a short period of time. If you are taking this medicine only to get relief from pain, then it works the best as it can reduce signs of pain. If you want to take this medicine for painful periods, then take this medicine when your period starts. It would be the best option to ask your doctor for the dosage of this medicine.