Get information on Athimathuram benefits in Tamil and Athimathuram uses from this blog. In this world, diseases are growing day by day. There are various benefits of Athimathuram, including relief from ulcers, joint pain, general debility, and some other diseases. It is popular due to its medicinal properties. It is a good analgesic and anti-inflammatory agent.
What is Athimathuram?
Athimathuram or licorice is a plant that is a common flavouring agent and used as a food product. The primary benefits of Athimathuram or mulethi are on the digestive and respiratory system. It is helpful in alleviating gastric symptoms such as peptic and duodenal ulcers, heartburn, abdominal colic, burning sensation in the abdomen, and chronic gastritis.
Common Names of Athimathuram
|Botanical Name||Glycyrrhiza Glabra|
|English Name||Cultivated Licorice, Liquorice, Licorice|
Medicinal Properties of Athimathuram
The following are some medicinal properties of mulethi:
- Mild estrogenic
Athimathuram Benefits in Tamil
Have a closer look at the below section to know Athimathuram benefits in Tamil:
- Prevents Stomach Problems (வயிற்றுப் பிரச்சினைகளைத் தடுக்கிறது)
Some people suffer from ulcers in their stomach or intestine because they are not having breakfast properly. For this, you can add licorice powder to water, mix it and soak it overnight, and then drink it in the morning with rice porridge to treat ulcers in the stomach and intestines. Eating licorice powder is very beneficial to treat other stomach problems.
- Treats Kidney Infection (சிறுநீரக நோய்த்தொற்றுக்கு சிகிச்சையளிக்கிறது)
Your kidneys need to be healthy in any situation. Many people suffer from ulcers in the bladder that are due to kidney infections. Make sure to drink water soaked in licorice that can destroy germs in the bladder and ulcers will be treated. You can also get rid of kidney stone formation.
- Treats Arthritis Problem (கீல்வாதம் பிரச்சினைக்கு சிகிச்சையளிக்கிறது)
Many people suffer from arthritis problem when increased air conditioning and it causes stiffness in the joints. You can soak water mixed with Athimathuram powder overnight and drink it in the morning to get rid of joint pain.
- Good for hair (முடிக்கு நல்லது)
You can add licorice powder to cow’s milk and grind it, and then rub the paste on your scalp. After two hours, wash your hair to minimize hair loss. It can also heal sores on the scalp, and you will get soft and silky hair.
- Licorice root has antihistamine properties, and it is good for asthmatic patients.
- Its expectorant properties help loosen the thick mucus, and you’ll get relief from the membrane.
- It also has antiulcer and antioxidant properties that help in minimizing inflammation.
- The essential oil of Athimathuram root shows anti-cancerous and anti-fungal properties.
- Its root is beneficial for those who are suffering from constipation problems.
- If you are stressed out, then you can intake licorice root or leaf extract, so it can stimulate the adrenaline gland for good levels of cortisol in your body.
- Athimathuram offers beauty benefits. Athimathuram powder can help in the growth of hair and prevents you from dandruff. You can add 1 tablespoon of Athimathuram powder to your hair pack and apply it over your hair and wash it after an hour.
- If you have itchy or scaly skin, then you can use Athimathuram leaves. Grind Athimathuram leaves until they turn into a paste and then use it on an affected area.
- With the help of Athimathuram leaves paste, you can get rid of skin pigmentation.
- Athimathuram can lead to several health benefits. Even various beauty industries use licorice to make a face mask.
How to Use Athimathuram?
Athimathuram is available in various forms. When it comes to licorice root, then it will come in the form of powder. And you can easily buy from stores or even online. In a mixer, the root of licorice will be difficult to grind. You can crush it in a mortar and dry it before you grind it in a mixer.
Side Effects of Athimathuram
Licorice or Athimathuram also has some side effects, as other plant-based products have:
First, you should consider the amount of Athimathuram because a high amount can cause health problems. Being an adult, you must consume more than 15 grams per day, and for kids, the consumption of licorice must be 2 grams per day. Don’t consume it for more than six weeks.
If you consume it in excess, then it can lead to high blood pressure, retention of water and salt, cardiac arrest, and loss of potassium.
Get Health Benefits by Using a Sufficient Amount of Athimathuram
Here we have mentioned Athimathuram benefits and Athimathuram uses, so we can make you understand how you can use it efficiently to get plenty of health benefits from it. If you consume it in a moderate amount, then you can get rid of several health problems easily. Also, ensure considering the amount of Athimathuram you intake. However, make sure to get a consultation from doctor before use of Athimathuram supplement.