Are you looking for thyme in Tamil, thyme leaves in Tamil, or thyme meaning in Tamil? If yes, then you are on the right blog because from this blog, you’ll get complete information on thyme.
Thyme is an herb that is used to treat several health problems, and thyme leaves also contain medicinal properties.
Now, let’s start with the introduction to thyme:
What is Thyme?
Thyme is an herb that belongs to the mint family, and the name indicates the plant Thymus vulgaris. Thyme is known for its medicinal and culinary properties. Thyme has a delicate aroma that adds more flavours when added to vegetables and meat dishes.
Thyme meaning in Tamil:
தைம் என்பது புதினா குடும்பத்தைச் சேர்ந்த ஒரு மூலிகையாகும், மேலும் இந்த பெயர் தைமஸ் வல்காரிஸ் என்ற தாவரத்தைக் குறிக்கிறது. தைம் அதன் மருத்துவ மற்றும் சமையல் பண்புகளுக்கு பெயர் பெற்றது. தைம் ஒரு மென்மையான நறுமணத்தைக் கொண்டுள்ளது, இது காய்கறிகள் மற்றும் இறைச்சி உணவுகளில் சேர்க்கும்போது அதிக சுவைகளை சேர்க்கிறது.
Other Names of Thyme
Thyme leaves in Tamil are called தைம் இலைகள். The following are some names of thyme that are known in different languages:
- In Hindi: अजवायन के फूल, Banajwain
- Thyme in Tamil: தைம், Omam
- In Telugu: థైమ్, Maruvam
- In French: Thym
How does Thyme Look Like?
Every species look different from one to another. Take a look at the below section to know the appearance of thyme:
- Shape: It has a crooked margin and long, narrow leaves.
- Color: The color of thyme is greenish, and grey and some species have leaves with white borders.
- Size: The leaves of thyme are around 1/8 inch, but they grow about 1/16 inch broad.
- Flavour and Aroma: Thyme has a dry aroma and minty flavour.
Different Types of Culinary Thyme
- Silver thyme
- English thyme
- Lemon thyme
- Grey hill lemon thyme
- Juniper thyme
- Italian oregano thyme
- Caraway thyme
- Hi-ho silver thyme
- Orange balsam thyme
- Pennsylvania Dutch tea thyme
Like other herbs, thyme is also used in making herbal tea that is good for health. This herbal tea is a good source of volatile oils, beneficial phenols, and flavonoids. Thyme tea is also enriched with vitamins and minerals, and it also has high medicinal properties.
Health Benefits of Thyme
Take a look at the below health benefits of thyme:
- Prevents Diseases
Thyme contains various nutrient properties that help in preventing disease by boosting the immune system.
- Controls Heart Rate
As you know, potassium is helpful in body fluids and cells. Thyme contains potassium that controls the heart rate and blood pressure.
- Prevents Cancer
Thyme has medicinal properties that help in preventing oral cavity and lung cancers.
- Good Source of Antioxidants
Thyme has various beneficial flavonoid phenolic antioxidants. These antioxidants include lutein, zeaxanthin, thymonin, pigenin, naringenin, and luteolin.
- Alleviate Stress
Thyme has high vitamin B6 content. It helps in reducing stress and also maintains the levels of gamma-aminobutyric acid in the brain.
- Improves Digestion
Thyme is also helpful in improving digestion, and it helps in preventing mucus accumulation in the intestines.
- Fight Against Harmful Free Radicals
It is high in vitamin C that helps in scavenge pro-inflammatory free radicals and maintain resistance against several infectious agents, and as a result, it helps in preventing you from different diseases.
Uses of Thyme
- Thyme is used to prepare sauces and soups.
- Thyme is also used to marinate chicken, fish, and meat.
- To add flavours, you can add thyme leaves to omelettes, pasta, and sautéed vegetables.
- It is used for seasoning several bean dishes such as kidney beans, black beans, and pinto beans.
- It is used to make alcohol-free natural hand sanitizers.
- Lukewarm thyme water can be used to treat sore throat by gargling.
- You can have thyme tea that can help in treating cough, bronchitis, and relieve indigestion.
- The thyme-based formulation can be used as an antiseptic mouthwash.
Side Effects of Thyme
If you are consuming it within the limit, then it won’t affect you. But, make sure to take it for a short time. However, overconsumption of thyme can lead to digestive system problems in some people. Overconsumption of thyme can lead to an allergic reaction in individuals.
Consumption of Thyme during Pregnancy
If you are taking thyme in a moderate amount during pregnancy, then it will be safe. However, make sure to consume thyme within the limit, on the other hand, the side effects of consuming a large amount of thyme in this period are unknown. Hence, it is suggested to pregnant and breastfeeding ladies to avoid intaking thyme in a large amount.
It’s time to wrapping up the thyme concept. From this blog, you have learned thyme meaning in Tamil and thyme leaves in Tamil as well. Thyme has gained lots of popularity for its medicinal properties as mentioned above. However, make sure to consider the consumption of thyme because it can lead to several side effects as mentioned above.
Our Popular Blogs:
- thrombophob ointment uses in telugu
- couscous in tamil
- licorice root in tamil
- clindamycin phosphate gel usp uses in hindi
- salmon fish in tamil