Most often, people search for salmon fish in Tamil name and salmon fish in Telugu. Well, the Tamil name for salmon fish is Kaala Meen (சால்மன் மீன்), and the Telugu name for salmon fish is సాల్మన్ ఫిష్. To know more about salmon fish, keep reading this blog:
What is Salmon Fish in Telugu Name?
Salmon is extensive fish that is mostly known as Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). Even though the same name has been used for similar fishes that belong to the same family (Salmonidae). Salmon fish in Telugu name is known as Maga (మాగా), Budatha maga (బుదతా మాగ).
Salmon fish is packed with nutrients and may minimize the risk for various diseases. Salmon fish is delicious, versatile, and easily available.
Apart from this, there are various names of salmon fish in other languages, such as salmon fish in Hindi is known as Rawas (रावास), and salmon fish in Tamil name is known as Kaala Meen (சால்மன் மீன்).
Amazing Salmon Fish Benefits
Salmon is categorized by the ocean in which it is found, and it is an oily fish. Especially in the pacific, salmon belongs to the genus Oncorhynchus. Take a look at the following points to know the benefits of salmon fish:
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA. 100 g portion of farmed salmon contains 2.3 g omega-3 fatty acids, and on the other hand, wild salmon portion has 2.6 g omega-3 fatty acids. Even though there is no recommended daily intake (RDI) of omega-3 fatty acids. Various health organizations suggest that adults must consume 250-500 mg of combined DHA and EPA per day.
EPA and DHA offer various health benefits, such as minimizing inflammation, decreasing the risk of cancer, and lowering blood pressure.
- Good Source of Protein
Salmon offers a great source of protein. Similar to omega-3 fatty acids, protein is also required for good health. Protein offers various health benefits, including help your body to recover from injury, promotes bone health, maintains muscle mass during weight loss.
- Rich in B Vitamins
Salmon is a good source of B vitamins. Below is vitamin B content in 100 grams of wild salmon:
- Vitamin B3 (niacin): 50% of the RDI
- Vitamin B1 (thiamin): 18% of the RDI
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): 29% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 47% of the RDI
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid): 19% of the RDI
- Vitamin B12: 51% of the RDI
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid): 7% of the RDI
- High in Potassium
Salmon is a good source of potassium. Wild salmon offers 18% of the RDI per 100 grams and farmed salmon offers 11%. Potassium offers complete control of blood pressure. It also minimizes the risk of stroke.
- Great Source of Selenium
Selenium is a mineral found in certain foods. Getting enough amount of selenium is important for your health. 100 grams of salmon offers 59-67% of the RDI.
- Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
If you consume salmon fish daily, then it can protect you from heart disease. Eating salmon fish can reduce triglycerides and increase the levels of omega-3 fats.
- Helps in Weight Control
Salmon fish can help you in reducing weight. Same as other protein-rich foods, salmon helps control the hormones and appetite, as a result, it makes you feel full. Your metabolic rate boosts more after consuming protein-rich food like salmon than other foods. In addition to this, salmon fish has few calories. 100 grams serving of farmed salmon contains 206 calories, and wild salmon contains 182 calories.
Side Effects of Salmon Fish
- If you consume salmon fish in a high dose, then it can cause bleeding problems. So ensure to consume salmon fish within a limit.
- Studies show that pregnant women who eat salmon fish, their newborn babies will be slower to walk and talk. Those women pass the toxins to their babies.
- The skin and the layer of fat are two places where the chemicals are found. So, make sure to ask the chef to remove the skin and layer of fat.
- Raw salmon may contain parasites, harbor bacteria, and other pathogens. Some of these can occur naturally or as a result of improper management. So, make sure to eat cooked salmon because while cooking, it can kill bacteria and parasites.
- If you eat raw salmon fish, then you can suffer from an infection.
Salmon fish has nutrients that offer various impressive health benefits. Consuming two servings a week can help you meet nutrient needs and minimize the risk of several diseases. In addition to this, salmon fish is tasty and versatile. However, you need to consider its negative side too, so make sure to read its side effects as well.