Salmon fish is considered one of the most popular and flavoured-rich fish in India. It has several potential health benefits as it possesses omega-3 fatty acids, proteins, vitamin B, and other essential elements. Salmon has high nutritious value and it also minimizes the causes of dangerous diseases. In today’s blog, we’ll talk about what people call salmon fish in Tamil, its benefits, side effects, and nutritional value. Let’s get started:
What is Salmon in Tamil?
Indian salmon in Tamil is known as kilangaan (கிழங்கான்). Tamil people use to call it by different names. The following are some common names used by Tamil people, such as:
- Kaala fish(காலா)
- Seenakaala (சீனகலா)
- Indian threadfin (இந்திய நூலிழை)
- Thiravalai (திருவாலை)
- Pozhakada (பொழக்கடா)
- peruVanjaram (பெருவஞ்சரம்)
Salmon meaning in Tamil is kaala meen (காலா மீன்), which originated in India. It is developed in tanks and ponds so that they can be sold commercially. However, in India, a similar class of salmon fish can be found. Indian salmon fish in Tamil name is kaala (காலா). Around the Tamil areas, kala meen is easily available, and it is a similar class to salmon fish.
What is Salmon Fish Called in Hindi?
Salmon fish in Hindi meaning is Rawas (रवास). However, it is not a specific name for salmon in Hindi because salmon is not Indian inhabits.
Salmon Fish Name in Different Languages
- Chennai: kilangaan (கிழங்கான்)
- Bhojpuri: Rawas Machhli
- Nepali: salmon maccha
- Salmon fish name in Hindi: Rawas (रवास)
- Punjabi: Raavaas
- Gujrati: Rawas
- Indian salmon in Malayalam: ಸಾಲ್ಮನ್ ಮೀನು
- Kerala: Kaala Meen or kora
- Konkani: Rams/Raus/Ravus
- Salmon fish Tamil name: kilangaan (கிழங்கான்
Salmon Fish Benefits in Tamil
The following are some benefits of including salmon fish in your diet:
- Reduces Risk of Heart Disease (இதய நோய் அபாயத்தைக் குறைக்கிறது)
Salmon fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. When it comes to other fatty acids, then they are not that much important to the human body, but when it is matter of omega-3 fatty acids, then they are significant for the human body. The human body can’t create this fatty acid on its own, so you need to include it in your diet.
- Controls Blood Pressure (இரத்த அழுத்தத்தைக் கட்டுப்படுத்துகிறது)
As salmon fish contains omega-3 fatty acids, so it helps in reducing bad cholesterol levels in the blood. The docosahexaenoic and eicosapentaenoic acids produce selenium that maintains the flow of blood in arteries.
- Good for Diabetes Patients (நீரிழிவு நோயாளிகளுக்கு நல்லது)
Salmon fish possesses EPA and DHA, which is best for diabetes patients because omega-3 and omega-6 help minimize coronary risk and inflammation.
- Good for Skin Health (தோல் ஆரோக்கியத்திற்கு நல்லது)
It has numerous antioxidants and vitamin D that are good for skin health. The specialty of antioxidants is that they combat dead or cancerous cells of the skin and help build new and healthy skin cells. On the other hand, vitamin D is an essential element of skin that helps in making skin cells healthy and minimizes the risk of skin-related issues.
- Healthy Weight (ஆரோக்கியமான எடை)
Salmon fish is rich in high-quality protein. Protein is vital like other vitamins and minerals for the development of human cells. Salmon has high-quality and healthy fats such as omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that help in losing weight and developing body muscles.
- Improve Immune System (நோயெதிர்ப்பு மண்டலத்தை மேம்படுத்தவும்)
It has essential vitamins such as B12 and minerals like calcium, selenium, iron, zinc, and potassium. All these elements are good for the body and produce power to help the body fight against ailments.
Salmon Fish Side Effects
- It is recommended not to eat raw salmon fish because it can cause infection.
- Raw salmon contains harbor bacteria and parasites. Some of these bacteria could happen naturally or because of a lack of hygiene. Thus, it is suggested not to consume raw salmon fish. Cook it well before consuming it.
- On the skin of salmon, there can be chemicals.
- It can lead to a bleeding problem if it is consumed in excess.
Nutritional Value of Salmon Fish
If you take 100g of salmon fish, then it has the following nutritional value:
- Proteins: 20g
- Calories: 208
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Total fats:13g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
Salmon fish is not found in Indian oceans or rivers. One thing that you need to keep in your mind is that salmon fish and Solomon fish are two different species. So don’t get confused about these fish categories. You can have various benefits from eating salmon fish, but make sure not to consume it in excess because it can lead to several health problems as well.
OTHER USEFUL LINKS: